This introductory course is designed to provide a comprehensive and practical overview of the key energy management tasks with an emphasis on the energy management knowledge and skills that are required from an energy management professional. To understand energy management, it is important to recognise that it can differ across organisations and as the course unfolds the overview of regular energy management practices applied to manage and save energy, as well as decrease energy related costs and emissions will be presented and discussed. The goal of the course is to leave a lasting impression about what energy management practices can be applied within businesses, what can be done to increase energy efficiency and what skills and knowledge are required to deliver these.
Upon completion of the course participants will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
- What energy management means for its practitioners and their organisations and/or clients;
- Global and UK energy use;
- Fundamental energy management practices;
- Prime energy legislation and UK energy industry structure;
- Energy use in buildings;
- Basic monitoring and targeting principles;
- Basics of energy auditing;
- Basics of lighting;
- Basics of heating ventilation and air conditioning;
- Basics of renewable and low carbon on-site generation.
- Relationship between all courses in LEC 3 Energy Management in Practice Training Programme
Date: 25-26 January 2024
Format: 2-day live virtual tutor-led course, post-course written assessment
Course fee: £625+VAT
Registration: Please register for the course by purchasing the course and making the payment by card above. A VAT invoice will be issued and shared together with the course joining instructions within 48 hours of the purchase.