Last Updated: 14th September 2022
1. Individuals who join the EMA are assigned Member/Associate/Affiliate status (further referred to as members only) depending on their skills and experience. The appropriate level is assigned based on the information provided by the individual through procedures set by the EMA Board of Directors.
2. An EMA Member may apply or be invited to become a Fellow if they have been engaged in a position of significant responsibility in the promotion or management of energy, and can demonstrate compliance with criteria (available upon request) set by the EMA Board of Directors.
3. The membership status awarded should be displayed appropriately as follows: EMA Fellow, EMA Member, EMA Associate, EMA Affiliate. Post-nominal letters are not awarded as part of the EMA membership.
4. Membership of the EMA is awarded on rolling basis without the need for renewals and can be terminated by contacting the EMA’s Membership Services Manager on the email below.
5. Members are required to:
- Comply with the EMA Code of Conduct & these Membership Terms and Conditions. Failure to do so may result in termination of the membership.
- Keep personal details and other information provided during the application process up to date by contacting the EMA’s Membership Services Manager on the email below.
6. Membership of the EMA is based on individual (non-corporate) basis and as such cannot be linked to any commercial company, service and/or product, and is not a mark of a company, service or product endorsement by the EMA. Furthermore, membership of the EMA does not entitle to the use of the EMA logo.
7. Membership of the EMA covers only the individual named on the membership confirmation letter provided at the point of joining the EMA. Colleagues will need to join in their own right if they wish to receive membership benefits.
9. Members are eligible to receive membership discounts for events only if they are members both at the time of booking and on the day/s the event is being held. Individuals who do not meet these criteria will not be eligible for the membership discounts.
10. EMA has no liability for advice provided through our events by membership or recommended third parties.
11. Any actions or behaviour by Fellows/Members/Associates/Affiliates which brings the EMA into disrepute may result in termination of membership at the discretion of the EMA.
12. These Membership Terms and Conditions may be revised from time to time. EMA Membership will be notified of all changes in writing.
For more information, please contact the EMA Membership Services Manager, Edita Krupova on +44 (0) 203 916 5516 or email: [email protected]