UPDATES TO THE ESOS COMPLIANCE GUIDANCE
The Environment Agency has issued a small number of updates for the third ESOS compliance period. Have a look at what is new in the Comply with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) Guidance.
The updates that have been issued :
- Replaced the PDF with a HTML guide for accessibility reasons. This included adding text alternatives for graphics.
- Updated section 1.1 to add qualification dates and criteria for the third compliance period.
- Added table to section 1.7.4, as this was missing from the previous version.
- Edited section 1.8 to say copies of the written agreement should be kept in the evidence pack.
- Updated sections 3.1, 3.2 on carrying out an ESOS assessment.
- Added new section 3.3 on zero energy supplies.
- Updated section 3.6.2 on buildings to say you should keep copies of any notes or emails to support what you exclude from your total energy consumption in your evidence pack.
- Updated section 5.3 to correct the date that assessments can have been made for the second compliance period.
- Updated section 5.4.1 to correct when data used in ESOS energy audits must begin from for the second compliance period.
- Added section 5.8 on ISO 14001:2015.
- Updated section A3.1 to say where copies of ISO 50001:2018 can be obtained from.
- Updated section A3.2 on the use of ISO 14001.
- Updated section A7.4 to remove the section on enhanced capital allowances, as this is no longer applicable.