SECR COMPLIANCE COURSE
ONLINE AND INSTRUCTOR-LED DELIVERY
The Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) is an annual obligation that means all eligible organisations need to include in their Directors’ Report, as part of their annual financial filing obligations, some basic information on their environmental impacts.
The basic information to be reported is:
- UK energy use, as a minimum relating to gas, electricity and transport fuel directly purchased;
- The associated greenhouse gas emissions from that energy use;
- After the first year, the previous year’s energy use and greenhouse gas emissions;
- At least one intensity ratio to indicate how energy use relates to business activity;
- Information relating to any energy efficiency actions that have been taken within the financial year, even if it is none;
- The methodologies used in the provision and calculation of the information provided.
The EMA offers guidance and assistance with meeting your obligations during the SECR Compliance course delivered by Dr. Vassia Paloumbi and Gemma Birley as a live online session on 25 June 2020.