The Royal Opera House (ROH) is looking for an Environmental Manager.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum dependent on experience
Full-time, one year fixed-term contract
About the Royal Opera House
The Royal Ballet, The Royal Opera and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House bring together the world`s most extraordinary ballet and opera artists in live events. The ROH theatre is in Covent Garden, but the work is experienced across the UK and globally through touring partnerships, cinemas, free outdoor screenings, radio, TV and live-streaming. The ROH Learning and Participation programme presents affordable performances for families, schools, students and community and health groups.
The ROH recognises that all these activities have an impact on the environment, and is committed to working towards a net zero operation as well as increasing environmental awareness amongst the staff, artists and audiences.
This new role will support the development of the ROH’s environmental strategy and action plans as they re-open their buildings and begin the programme. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with heads of departments to monitor and update action plans
- Monitoring carbon footprint data
- Delivering internal and external communication campaigns
- Representing ROH sustainability with external stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance and sustainability reporting is met and completed as required
- Keeping the ROH environmental policy updated and in accordance with the strategy
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in carbon footprinting and working with GHG protocol or ISO standard for quantification of GHG emissions.
- Experience in training employees with different understanding in complicated subjects (such as emissions, climate change etc.)
- Proven ability in driving change within an organisation
- Experience in producing reports or briefing papers on sustainability issues for internal and external stakeholders and the board
- Proven project and programme management skills, demonstrating a broad vision combined with an eye for detail
- Highly effective and confident interpersonal and influencing skills – able to inspire confidence, and develop effective working relationships at all levels
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. The ROH welcomes applications from those who are currently under represented in their workforce – in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, the ROH guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for their vacancies.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position is available on the ROH website www.roh.org.uk. For queries please contact the HR Department at [email protected] You can also contact the HR Department if you have any access needs to assist you with making an application. Interviews will be held online.
Closing date for applications: 8am Tuesday 4 May 2021.