Energy Management Consultant
Location: Head Office, Lidl House, 14 Kingston Road, Surbiton, KT5 9NU London
Contract: Full Time
Experience Level: Experienced
Reference Number: 172874
Salary: £47,300 up to £55,000*per annum – This isn’t an ordinary job. This is an extraordinary experience.
At an exciting time of development for the company, Lidl’s Facilities Department is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, and highly organised Energy Management Consultant to join their team.
Working within the Facilities Head Office Organisation team, you will deal with a range of strategic-level projects involving key national and international stakeholders. You will manage Lidl’s ISO 50001 accredited energy management system, improve energy efficiency across Lidl’s portfolio, increase transparency in all energy areas and support Lidl’s 2030 carbon reduction goals.
Lidl has moved to a fully flexible model of mobile working for appropriate Head Office and Regional roles, empowering their teams to choose how and where they work best. Lidl feels it is important that, where possible, they offer their colleagues as much flexibility as possible and trust their teams to determine the right environments that work most effectively for them.
What you’ll do
- Active management of the Energy Management System ISO50001 – working closely with numerous stakeholders to ensure the success and improvement of Lidl’s ISO50001 system
- Supporting the Senior Energy Consultant to define and deliver the departments operational goals
- Manage external contractors and consultants (bureau services and project managers)
- Management and detailed analysis of energy and utilities data
- Day to day management of energy and sustainability trials and projects
- Network with and communicate energy management goals to the wider business
- Present updates and opportunities to senior management
- Create consumption forecasts and benchmarks for budget planning
- Provide regular tracking and saving validation to the business, to measure performance against the energy budget/projects planned
- Manage budgets to deliver investment projects to save energy across the portfolio
- Develop innovative business cases for new ways to save energy which lead to roll out programmes
- Drive innovation and new technologies into current operations to improve energy efficiency or transparency
- Assist in developing strategies for the department including long term energy savings, supplier relationships, and in-year energy efficiency programmes to deliver on business objectives
- Ensure compliance with energy legislation to maintain the company’s reputation
- Provide energetic evaluations and validation for new projects across the business
- Deliver accurate and informed analysis to support decision making and insight
What you’ll need
- Demonstrable experience in energy management related field
- Relevant degree is highly desirable
- A good working knowledge of ISO50001
- Project management experience
- A clear and confident presenter
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with the ability to manipulate and analyse large quantities of data
- Detail oriented, analytically minded and able to interpret and present complex data sets
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as peers, senior management, and outside contacts
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a highly professional demeanour
- Strong organisational, problem-solving skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple assignments while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Willingness to travel locally and at times internationally
- German language, desirable but not essential
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because Lidl gives you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career there. Lidl is proud to offer a competitive salary from £47,300 – £55,000* (depending on experience), with 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with Lidl pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
*includes 10% non-contractual London Weighting allowance
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications Lidl receives, they reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure Lidl teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, Lidl is unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing date for applications: 21 August 2022
Apply link for apply button – https://careers.lidl.co.uk/jobs/energy-management-consultant-172874