Energy Efficiency Analyst
- Up to £24k per annum, dependent upon experience
- Full time, permanent position
About Parkwood Leisure
Parkwood Leisure and its subcontractors currently operate 87 leisure and culture facilities throughout the UK and employ 4,200 staff. Parkwood Leisure is one of the leading leisure management companies in the UK with managed revenue in excess of £80m per annum.
We’re a company that’s proud to deliver a first-class service to each of the facilities we manage and is committed to working with local communities to make a difference and provide a healthier and happier lifestyle to the communities we serve.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team to work on energy efficiency projects to deliver change across the Parkwood Leisure portfolio. You will hit the ground running gaining exposure to all levels and departments within the business including; Facilities, Operations, Commercial, Finance and Business Development. This opportunity will suit anyone looking to fast track their career in energy management.
You will be responsible for assessing and bringing change to the energy costs across the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the use of data analytics for consumption benchmarking, cost forecasting and financial reporting for the existing and onboarding portfolio.
- Collating consumption data, analysing trends, and identifying areas of opportunities.
- Assisting with developing and implementing energy cost saving strategies and the investment programme.
- Monitoring the installation and performance of equipment and report on the same to verify predicted savings are and continue to be made.
- Producing regular reports to analyse performance against the Utility Budget across the Leisure Centres.
- Maintaining and developing tools for the accurate collection of data for compliance reporting (SECR and ESOS) and for energy procurement decision making.
- Liaising with sub contractors and third party consultants.
- Training colleagues in energy cost saving and sharing best practice.
- Will have prior knowledge of the energy sector and/or energy saving technologies.
- Will enjoy analysing data.
- Will be passionate about sustainability and providing solutions for businesses.
- Strong problem-solver, resilient and positive.
- Strong commercial awareness and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide a simple explanation of energy matters to non-technical colleagues, whilst being able to discuss complex issues with industry experts.
- An ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Qualifications and skills:
- UK driver’s licence as the role may require travel throughout the UK.
- Studying towards or qualified in an environmental, economics or energy engineering related discipline.
- Proficient in using Google Documents and Microsoft packages including Excel and Google Sheets.
- Ability to analyse large data sets, take initiative, identify priorities, and make recommendations.
- Good time management with excellent organisational and planning skills – whilst being adaptable to changing business priorities.
- Knowledge of energy markets and economic, political drivers is desirable, but not essential.
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Employee health cash plan
- Employee discount portal – discounts on travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Career progression
- Training and development
30th January 2022
Up to £24k per annum, dependent upon experience
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your covering letter and an up to date CV to [email protected]