This course aims to present basic information about how water industry is structured, how it works, how it prices its product and what businesses may be able to do to reduce cost. It will also inform participants about the opening of the competitive retail market in England from 2017 to go with the existing Scottish market.
This course will describe how water is metered and monitored and how to analyse consumption. It will give advice on carrying out a basic water audit, identifying likely areas of consumption and techniques that may allow reductions in water consumed. It will also explain the link between water and energy use and identify some techniques for raising staff awareness to help behaviour change towards water consumption.
Upon completion of this course learners will:
- Understand the UK industry structures
- Be able to identify what makes up a water bill
- Understand the opening of the English water market to retail competition
- Understand water metering and monitoring systems
- Understand basic techniques on how to undertake a water audit and what can be done to reduce water consumption
- Relate water to energy consumption
- Apply techniques to change behaviour to reduce water consumption
Format: one day live virtual tutor-led course, post-course written assessment.
Date: 17th June 2021
Time: 9.30am – 3.00pm