This guide is intended to provide a background into the new legislation introduced in April 2019, Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR), that mandates annual reporting of environmental impacts for many organisations not previously required to do so. While quoted companies have been required to report for some time, SECR now creates an ongoing lighter touch requirement for information from around another 9,000 companies. While there are mandatory elements of the information, there are also areas where organisations can voluntarily supply additional information.
The guide includes the below sections with practical examples throughout:
- What is SECR and what must be Reported?
- Who is covered by SECR?
- When do we have to report?
- Which parts of our organisation are covered and who must report?
- Standalone companies;
- Landlord/tenant relationship.
- Judging whether you are responsible for emissions.
- What energy consumption data must be collected?
- Fuel use reporting.
- Renewable energy and GHG reporting.
- Measuring and estimation – do we have to report everything?
- What other information must be provided?
- Where do we report and in what format?
- Do we need to have SECR information verified by an outside source?
- Are there any exemptions from SECR?
- What happens if we don’t undertake SECR?
- A sample reporting format.
A link to download the Guide will become available after the purchase is complete.