This course will inform participants about the procurement processes for electricity and gas in the UK. It will describe how the electricity and gas industries are structured and how this impacts on the prices customers pay. It will explain the main drivers on energy pricing in the UK and how electricity and gas tariffs are structured. It will also explain the types of energy contracts that are available and the simple procurement processes that can be used by energy buyers.
The course also includes information about how third party intermediaries work, how to get the best out of them, reveals how they get paid and how to minimise their costs.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have gained a basic understanding of:
- UK electricity and gas industry structures
- What makes up delivered energy tariffs
- What are the basic drivers of energy prices in the UK
- The basic contract types available in the UK
- How to run a basic procurement exercise
- What third party intermediaries do and how they get paid
Format: One day live virtual expert-taught course, post-course written assessment